Friday, December 30, 2011

Full speed ahead

I would be lying if I said 2011 was awesome year, actually is was rather difficult.  I started the year off with surgery, had my uterus removed and gave up on ever having children, that was the most difficult realization of my entire life, and it still brings me to tears at times.  That said it was also amazing in so many ways.  I got my health back again, Chris and I went to Maui, I zip lined with my niece, I started making jewelry and this blog has opened up my world to so many women, each with their own story to tell.  I get strength from you!

I really think the key to happiness is to be thankful for what you have and pay no mind to what you don't.  I hope 2012 is ready because I am determined to OWN IT!!!!

Here are some of my favorites from this year!

 Peetee lost all his mohawk this year :(



 We got a new kitten, Ash.

I went to Farmer's Market almost every Saturday this year.


 We zip lined!

 I had my backyard re-done!



  We got out into nature!


 Shared some good times with Kristi and the girls!
 Ate some killer food!
 Chris and I went to Maui!

 Delicious cocktails!




Worshipped the sun a little.

 


 Said goodbye.
 I'll miss you Grandma Barbara, but your with me every day.







 


 Spent time with Kathi and Brianna too!

 My Dad is silly.

 My nephews are adorable and so kind!

I enjoyed 3 visits with my sister,  each better than the last!


 I ate way too much sugar this month, enough to last until 2013.  I hope you all have a wonderful New Years celebration, whether you stay in and read or go out and rage, be safe, be content and I'll see ya next year lovers!

15 comments:

Scarlett said...

Amazing post chickadee and very touching.You also look blooming beautiful in all your pics and im now wanting pink hair. Wishing you the best 2012, Scarlett x

Thick Threads said...

so glad that you have your health back! sorry to hear that you had such a difficult surgery but all things get better! and you will own next year. some great photos here! IM wishing you the best new year ever :)

xo
A_Riot

Nelly said...

I was lucky enough to get to meet my very own Rainbow Brite friend too Yere 2011 sucked for me as well but have had way too many sucky years im last decade may 2012 be a wonderful one for us both xxx

Louise said...

I only found your blog a few months back, but I've had a wonderful time following your fun and exploits. I can't wait to follow you through 2012 (in the most non-stalkerish way possible). Have a great one Krista you wonderful lady. xx

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ivy Black said...

Wonderful post, darling. I have to say 2011 wasn't much cop for me either. I'm glad you're in good health now and you certainly make me feel good when I drop by. You are a wonder and I look forward to charging into the New Year with you and the gals!xxx

La Dama said...

Kristinita,
I am sorry went through crap this year ,but you have so many wonderful blog amigas and we all love you.
your our own rainbow biatch!
You have so many wonderful things to be happy about. You are an inspiration to us all.
Besotes
Happy New Year Amorcito!

VainGlorySinner said...

Despite the hard times that you have been through this year you have still managed to keep that wonderful smile upon your face and that is nothing but inspiring.

I'm so glad that we found each other this year. You and I have so much in common and probably a whole lot more that remains undiscovered.

There is a little group of bloggers that I feel closer to than others in this massive blogging universe and you are in that group :)

I'm looking forward to a whole new year of blogging along side wonderful people like you.

Hugs and kisses.

Nat said...

Love your positive outlook and hope that 2012 brings you lots of good things ;-) Happy New Year!

pastcaring said...

I really feel for your sadness, Krista, and SO admire your ability to make the most of the wonderful stuff you have in your life. These photos just sum you up - full of life and energy, surrounded by friends and family and beloved pets, enjoying food and colour and beauty and wonderful places.
2012 had better watch out - Krista is coming to get ya!
Happy New Year, my lovely friend. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cazz said...

Not one bad photo in there. You always try to keep positive. i hope i am as rad as you when i get to where you are.
Happy new year.

Sabina said...

Hey doll. Love your ink, your style and your attitude.

I'm sorry to hear this year has been rough on you in some ways, which could not have been easy to deal with, but also good for you for making 2011 the year you started designing jewelry. Being creative makes life infinitely better in my opinion.

Now following you and hope you have a happy New Year.

Sabina

http://mystylecanvas.blogspot.com

Misfits Vintage said...

Krista, You are such an example of choosing happiness - thank you for being such a wonderful inspiration! It has been so fabulous getting to know you a little in 2011 - and admiring all of your fabulous outfits and accessories - and THE BEST JUMPSUIT IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE! I am honoured to have you as a friend. I hope 2012 is wonderful for us all. BIGGEST HUGS for you and Happy New Year, gorgeous! Love, Sarah xxx

Vix said...

Happy New Year!!!!
You are a total inspiration and a burst of glorious colour in my life. I'm so glad to have found you in the blogosphere.
Shitty things happen but there's always a lesson to be learnt, what doesn't kill us can only make us stronger. Life is all about living it to the fullest and owning it, you are dead right.
Here's to a fabulous 2012, baby!
Love you!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Style Sud-Est said...

Happy new year!
Very nice post Krista! You choose to be happy and that such a great example of what life should be!
We should not waste a minute of life because it does not come back
My grandma died 27 years ago but she is still with me and stillhelps me find the right path to follow, she actually sends me signs.

Ariane xxxxxx