Friday, February 17, 2012

My pressing engagement ~O O~

I'm happy to report that the mammogram wasn't that bad after all,  what the heck was I afraid of anyway?  My girls are just fine and I will have no problem doing this every year from now on.  I also checked out a new independent gym right by my house and I love it, I'll join up the first of March as I'm still getting better at Zumba and can't wait to take a proper class. After yesterdays rant, it's reassuring to hear that we all feel our power as a consumer and that with a bit of conscious effort we can show these big corporations that enough is enough. I am learning so much from you guys!

In other news, I've had a hard time lately with the total lack of sunshine, it makes me feel like the skeleton bride in this drawing a dear friend did for me years ago.  By the time I'm done with work and making dinner I am exhausted, the fact that it's already dark out doesn't help either. A friend of mine recommended a full spectrum light.  Hmmmm.
After doing a bit of research I found this ONE by Philips to be rated the highest in customer satisfaction it specifically transmits blue light and is designed to help fight winter blues. It's small packs a punch and has a rechargeable battery so no annoying cord for the cats to attack.
I know it doesn't look like much but I could feel the effect immediately.  I am using it twice a day once in the AM for 15 minutes and another in the afternoon for 15 more, its like coffee but better.  Last night for the first time in a long time I actually found myself full of energy and out late running around. I'll keep you all posted but I have high hopes that this just might make these long dark days a bit more tolerable.  Has anyone else ever given these a try?

Have a great weekend whatever you find yourself doing!

17 comments:

Kathi said...

I knew you'd have nothing to worry about! Those girls on you are pretty durable!

I've never tried a light, but I know a lot of people here use them.

Looking forward to seeing you tonight!

pastcaring said...

So pleased to hear the girls are in tip-top order! I think most people feel anxious before a procedure they haven't had before.
Well, the light box certainly sounds like a good investment. Have a fabulous energy-filled weekend! xxxx

Louise said...

I've never tried one of those lights, but I'd say anything that would get me out and about running would be well worth the money. Let us know how you get on with it. Short winter days are so tough. Xx

Cazz said...

My boss at work couldn't sleep well and purchased that light thing a ma bob. It worked great for him. It was weird to see him sitting near it at work for a while but we got used to it, because he is a happier person now. :)
I'm glad your boobie squish went well. :)

Cazz said...

My boss at work couldn't sleep well and purchased that light thing a ma bob. It worked great for him. It was weird to see him sitting near it at work for a while but we got used to it, because he is a happier person now. :)
I'm glad your boobie squish went well. :)

Victoria said...

Love the drawing, but I do love the Day of the dead stuff. Happy boobies!
And I will tell my daughter about that light, I think she gets Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) for lack of sunshine also.

VainGlorySinner said...

Friggin awesome MDB drawing! That's amazing!!

Yay for your mammaries! Stuff like that really scares me so I'm glad yours is over and done with for a while!

I have absolutely no idea what that light thing is but it sounds interesting! I'm going to go look it up! Whatever it is it must be good if it's helping you feel better!

Have a lovely weekend with your light box of magical powers! xxx

pinktutu72 said...

Oh so glad your tatas are in good shape! I've never heard of that light thing but if it works then awesome! My cousin teaches Zumba and she's always talking about how great it is

two squirrels said...

Oh so pleased the breast examine went ok, they do hurt! So good you went, it's so important. Happiness to you. love v

Nat said...

Yay! Glad all good with your girls :-)
The sunlight deprivation is getting to me too... can't wait for the full force of summer rays!

Vix said...

Glad the girls are well, not that I had any doubts! Being female does entail some weird medical exams, doesn't it?
Loving that sketch, I know that feeling well. It feels like a lifetime ago since I last felt the sun on my back. It's a great idea to invest in one of those light boxes, you'll have to let us know how you get on.
Glad the gym's all sorted and you've escaped the evils of global corporations.
Love ya and speak very soon (squeal!)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Helga! said...

Ack,I just got notification from my doctors that at 45 I am now eligible to start the yearly mammogram program......ugh.....an neccessary evil! Yay you got through it just fine!
OMG,I am SO in love with your heavenly headband creations!Desiree has started something HUGE!YOWZA!
LOVE!XXXXXXXXXXX

Anita said...

I'm learning many wonderful things from YOU, Krista!

First, I'm happy to hear that the girls are well, and that the exam was no big deal. I don't know why I've been putting it off!

Second, I remember that feeling of exhaustion so well! It was an everyday occurrence during my time in corporate America. Now that I no longer spend my days sitting at a desk with fluorescents blaring overhead it's not an issue, but I think that the mister would benefit greatly!

And finally, I love that drawing! It is so very 'The Walking Dead'; do you watch that? I'm hooked!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

xo, Anita

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I've heard about these sunlight box things, if it really has a noticeable effect I'd be interested in checking it out - I'm all about the legal energy boosters these days!

Glad the twins are OK ;-)

Style Sud-Est said...

Hi Krista!

Is this light expensive?
Mr D is affected by the lack of light, that could a good alternative
About mammograms...i had lumps 3 times in my life, scared the shit out of me but it was ok

Take care

Ariane xxxxxx

La Dama said...

Glad your amigas are good!
I think I need one of those lights, i been feeling so blah lately.
Besos

Misfits Vintage said...

YAY FOR HEALTHY AWESOME BOOBS!!!!

So pleased that the light therapy is working for you, Krista (please keep us posted, I'm really interested to hear more about it).

Love! Sarah xxx